CONCEALED CARRY COURSE
The decision to carry concealed is an important one. It is a choice that bears incredible responsibility. At OnPoint, we strongly believe those who choose to carry should have the best training to do so safely.
Rather than provide a course that just meets the minimum standards, we're committed to providing a program that goes far beyond the basic state requirements. Utilizing our expert staff, curriculum-based firearms training program, and our state-of-the-art facility, we're offering the most comprehensive Concealed Carry Handgun (CCH) Course in North Carolina.
In addition to the standard review of self-defense laws and other required topics, at OnPoint you'll cover our Level 1 and 2 Courses (1A, 2A, 1B, 2B). In this part of the program, you'll learn the skills you'll need to carry concealed, which includes drawing from a holster, reloads with and without retention, basic malfunction clearances, low-light shooting, and other relevant skills.
You'll also have the option of participating in shoot/no shoot, force-on-force scenarios in our state-of-the-art Challenge House. This is a training opportunity that you'll not find in any other concealed carry course in the state and at only a few advanced training facilities in the country.
This course will take two full days. You'll leave the course well-prepared for your new responsibility. You'll also be ready to sign up for our Intermediate Handgun Course where you'll fine-tune existing and learn new shooting skills with a major focus on shooting from different positions and further developing movement skills.
- A sturdy belt (minimum 1.5" in width, heavy leather or nylon is recommended) to be worn on pants with belt loops.
- A full or compact size, double-stack handgun, such as a Glock 19, Sig 320, or S&W M&P is preferred. Smaller sub-compact handguns such as the S&W Shield, Glock 43 or Sig 365 are acceptable, but may require more frequent reloading and are more difficult to manipulate than a larger handgun. A revolver is acceptable, but not optimal for the reasons outlined above. Micro compacts such as the S&W Bodyguard or Ruger LCP are NOT acceptable for this class.
- A quality outside the waist band (OWB) kydex or leather holster for your handgun. This will need to be worn on the dominant-hand side of the body. Nylon "floppy" holsters, clip holsters, and Serpa-type holsters with a side-mounted release button are not acceptable. Likewise, purses, handbags and similar items are also not acceptable.
- Minimum of two magazines for your pistol.
- A magazine pouch which will fit your handgun magazine(s), minimum of one.
- Factory loaded ammunition, minimum of 200 rounds. 9mm or greater caliber is preferred. Ammunition is available for purchase at OnPoint.
- Eye glasses / Protective eye ware (prescription glasses are acceptable)
- Ear protection
- Closed-toed, supportive shoes
- Closed-collar shirt or scarf (to prevent hot brass from going down your shirt)
- Note taking material and pen
- Snacks / lunch
- Water bottle / drinks
In the event you need to cancel or reschedule your event or class, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rescheduling an event or class:
There is no rescheduling fee if done more than 48 hours before the event or class begins.
Requests to reschedule made within 48 hours of the start of the event or class will experience a rescheduling fee of $25.
Cancelling an event or class:
There is no cancellation fee if done more than 48 hours before the event or class begins.
Cancellations made within 48 hours of the start of the event or class will be refunded 50% of the fee for the event or class.
Event or Class No Shows:
Participants who fail to notify OnPoint of their intentions to not attend events or classes will receive no refund on the event or class.